Monday, June 16, 2014

Homemade Green Monster Juice


I acquired a used juicer for a great price from our local yard sale group on Facebook (check your area for one near you, they're great!) and decided to give it a try. This was my first ever juicing recipe and I have to say it was delicious and sweet  BUT strong of ginger so just use a teeny piece (I used about 1"! eek!). This make about 3 1/2 cups worth. Since I am diabetic I have to watch my sugars including those naturally found in fruits so I drank about 1 cup worth and left the rest for my oldest. I have a few more recipes I want to try so watch for those coming soon!


Homemade Green Monster Juice

2 apples
1/4 pineapple, peeled
2 handfuls spinach
1 banana
1/4" fresh ginger (more if you like)
1 mango, peeled, seeded
1 kiwi

Add to juicer and drink. Makes about 3 1/2 cups.

My container is too small, will use my big measuring cup for now on.

I heard placing a plastic bag in the compartment makes for easier cleanup. Sure does work! I also read that using that pulp in other recipes is great too.


enjoy,





Pin It!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...