Friday, February 15, 2013

Grilled Ham and Cheese Chicken Burgers with Roasted Potato Fries



Winner winner chicken dinner! I came across these burgers and decided to give them a go, such easy ingredients! Since these are soft tender patties, I chilled mine for a few hours to help them firm up (could also freeze them) and cooked them on my grill grate tray thing (see photo) so they'd hold up a little better. The ham and parmesan cheeses were really good in these. We all enjoyed them and will definitely keep in our files.


Grilled Ham and Cheese Chicken Burgers 
slightly adapted from Smoked 'n Grilled 

1 lb. ground chicken breast
1/2 cup cooked diced ham
2/3 cup Parmesan/Asiago cheese (shredded)
Salt & pepper to taste

 Mix all the ingredients together and form into 4 patties. Cover and chill for a few hours. Cook over a medium hot grill until just cooked through. About 8 to 10 minutes.

Add your favorite toppings and buns (we used lettuce, tomato, red onion, mayo and white american cheese).

grilling!

I made myself gluten free buns (they're really flat but were great)

For the fries, I sliced Yukon gold potatoes in half lengthwise, tossed with a little oil, salt and pepper. Roasted in a 425' oven on a parchment lined baking sheet, cut side down for about 40 mins. They'll have crispy outsides and fluffy insides. My fave!



see the ham throughout the chicken patty


Please share this post if you liked it. =)

enjoy,
Rachelle
Pin It!

1 Comments:

Curt said...

Always glad to hear when someone uses one of my recipes and enjoys them. I like your variation too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...