Friday, November 25, 2011

Crab Cake Stuffed Shrimp {Gluten Free}


I made these for our Thanksgiving lunch/appetizer/snack time. They were my splurge for everyone. I adapted the recipe for gluten free but if you're not GF, go ahead and use the regular ingredient. The only issue I had with these is, 1 Tablespoon of the crab cake mixture was almost too much per shrimp, so I recommend using a little less or you may not have enough for all the shrimp. They were a great 2 bite appetizer. I had, oh...a few. =)


Crab Cake Stuffed Shrimp {Gluten Free}
slightly adapted from Taste of Home

20 uncooked jumbo large shrimp (about 1 pound)
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup soft (gluten free) bread crumbs
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend (Mrs. Dash is gluten free)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
Dash cayenne pepper
1 (6 ounces) real lump crab meat, drained if canned
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon paprika

Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails on. Butterfly each shrimp along the outside curve (cut almost all the way through). Open shrimp flat and place butterflied-side down in a greased or parchement lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.

In a small bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasonings. Stir in crab. Place about 1 tablespoonful of mixture over each shrimp; sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve warm. Yield: 20 appetizers.



~Be sure to follow my recipe blog so you can get all the latest goodies!~

enjoy,
Pin It!

3 Comments:

Melissa Parkes said...

Oh looks so yummy I can't wait to make this one. I will be sharing this with some of my friends.

Janice Schroeder said...

Thank you so much for posting this recipe. Since I went gluten free I have really missed these. This is a restaurant quality recipe. They were delicious!

Janice Schroeder said...

Thank you so much for posting this recipe. Since going gluten free I have really missed ordering these. This is a restaurant quality recipe. They were yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...