Friday, September 3, 2010

Garlic and Wine Cream Sauce


This is my new favorite cream sauce! It really made my "frugal leftovers" dinner the star! Even Mr. says I can make this again and again and again. I simply breaded and egg washed some chicken tenders, then lightly pan fried them, served them with some leftover mashed potatoes (with parsley added in) and peas. I also had a little bit of cream leftover, leftover fresh parsley, garlic and wine. That's when I found a recipe and of course changed it up. Total YUM! This got nonstop rave reviews. From. Mr.!

Garlic and Wine Cream Sauce
inspired and adapted from here

3 Tbl unsalted butter
3 Garlic cloves, diced
1 Tbl fresh parsley, diced
Freshly ground pepper
1/2 C. Heavy whipping cream
2 Tbl dry white wine
Salt to taste
 
Melt butter in a heavy, large skillet over a medium low heat. Add garlic and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Add cream and white wine then simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Add in parsley and season with salt. Serve over chicken and mashed potatoes.
Makes about 1/2 Cup.
 
 

Sharing some with
Good Cheap Eats

*please note all product reviews and giveaways are posted here now http://ldylvbgr.blogspot.com/. Are you a follower of my new URL for these recipes? Sign up in the sidebar so you can get all the latest goodies!

enjoy,
Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...